Saturday, March 28, 2015

Spectrum Noir Coloring



This week, on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog, the theme is Anything Goes.  The sponsor this week is Spectrum Noir, so they're challenging us to use any Spectrum Noir products if we have them.  I received a nice set of the markers from my sister, Marisa, for Christmas, so any time I've seen them on sale, I've been adding to my new collection.  I'm not much of a colorist (or colorer?), which is why I love watercolors so much ... they're so forgiving and beautiful.  Anyway, I decided to take the challenge, and I dug up a very old Stampin' Up! set called Summer by the Sea.  I wanted soft, pastel colors for this, and realized with all the sets I've been purchasing, I don't really have many soft colors.  lol  I tried them out using the colors I have.  For the flowers, grass and butterflies, I wanted to have a messy look, where I wanted a more neater look for the girl.  I used two colors for the girl's dress and then blended with the colorless Blender.  Same with the grass.

I'm glad I took this challenge, because it got me to actually try using my new Spectrum Noir markers, and I also realized what colors I now need to add to my collection.

1 comment:

Virginia L. said...

Your coloring is so light and lovely! I adore the image and how you used it! So glad that you join the fun over Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Anything Goes” Challenge!