Friday, June 1, 2012

May Techniques Class

Had lots of students for this month's (late) techniques class!  Maybe I should hold late classes more often!  lol

Here's a look at the cards we made during class:



I designed this first card, and it's a technique I found a video for on the Stampin' Up! Demonstrator website.  That's one of the great benefits of being a demonstrator--I love that website!  Lots of great ideas, inspiration, tutorials, and my discount!  lol

Anyway, I don't remember what they call this technique, but I call it tie-dye.  Very cool technique, and my students loved it!  I was a little worried because there's a lot involved in this card (besides all the cutting!), and there's a lot of drying time.  The colors are Rich Razzleberry, Not Quite Navy, Old Olive, Crumb Cake & White.  This has to be one of my most favorite color combinations!  I also used the fairly new Stripes embossing folder and one of the brand new Bitty Banners Framelits from the brand new catalog debuting today!


This 2nd card is a tri-fold gate card.  I copied this card exactly as I found it on a tutorial by a fellow SU demonstrator, Dawn Olchefske.  Here it is opened up:


I love the Lucky Limeade, but I'm not a big fan of Calypso Coral, but I had faith in Dawn's design, and everyone really liked the colors.  It looks difficult, but it's very simple.  We used the SU scoring board to create it and some of the 2012 In Color Patterns paper.  Also, the Apothecary Art stamp set and the Labels Framelits collection.

And, I usually finish off my classes with a quick simpler card, because my students learn so much and are so busy during class, that they get a little burned out by the end of class.  Here's the last project:


Just a very simple design I got from another fellow demonstrator & friend, Jen Peel.  In fact, this design inspired me to get the Elementary Elegance stamp set from the Sale-a-Bration catalog, and I'm so glad I did.  The frame is embossed with white embossing powder, and the sentiment is punched out with our Curly Label punch and popped up with a Dimensional.  Too simple, so we made three!


And, I changed up Jen's design by creating them from 3 of our new In Colors!  These are Gumball Green, Midnight Muse and Raspberry Ripple.

I'm going to have another techniques class next Wednesday--morning session at 10am and evening session at 7:30pm.  If interested in joining us, please contact me by Tuesday, June 5th.




No comments: