Saturday, June 18, 2011

I Can't Believe There's NO Stamping!


Can you believe it?  Not one bit of ink ... none, zip, zero!  But, can you see it?  Those swirls are stitched!  I've been wanting to make this spread for a LONG time (a couple of years!).  I used the In Stitch'z templates from Bazzill, and as soon as I saw these in the store, I pictured them being used just like this.

I created these pages while I was at Kelly's Anime Convention in Somerset last weekend.  In fact, one of my graduates, Dawn, from my SDU course at Michaels, came down to the convention with her daughter, Arianna, and her friend, Maria (two adorable girls!).  We walked around a bit with the girls until they felt comfortable, and then Dawn & I went up to my room to create!  I worked on these pages, and Dawn made some awesome cards with her new stamp supplies she got from my workshop.  We had a great time, and I'm so glad they came down.  We're gonna have many Anime Conventions in our futures!  lol

Getting back to the pages, here they are close up.




I used Baja Breeze for the background, Crumb Cake for the sand, and Whisper White & Marina Mist for the waves.  The envelopes were made with Marina Mist using the retired envelope template, and I created my own template for the little Crumb Cake tags.  I also added a white eyelet to each tag and some of the same fiber I used to stitch the swirls.

I really enjoyed making these pages, and my mind's racing with other projects to come!

No comments: