Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Monday's Technique Class

I gotta say, everyone LOVED these cards! We did two really cool techniqes, and the third card I made really simple since the first two were pretty involved. This first card was bringing back my old favorites, micro beads! What you do is find a squared off image (for ease of cutting), color it in with bold, bright colors, cover entire image with Sticky Strip, and cover with clear micro beads for a stunning, stained glass type of look. I also used Baja Breeze for the card base, textured Basic Black, Old Olive some Newsprint DSP & some black hemp. The image is another old favorite of mine, from the retired Ageless Adornment set. This next card uses the Creat-a-Cupcake stamp set with the Build-a-Cupcake punch. You can't see it, but I made a wire spring for under the cupcake, so when you pull the card from the envelope, it pops up! Just adorable! I also used Sunny Garden DSP, Pear Pizzazz cardstock, and two little brackets from the Tim Holtz grunge set Many Minis which we colored with Pear Pizzazz ink. Oh, and I finished off the card with a wrapping of Peach Parfait Poly Stitched Ribbon.
I didn't design this last card, but I did have to update it a little. I found my muse among all my swaps from past years and there was no name on the back. This leads me to believe that it was designed by a local Stampin' Up! friend who created the design for a Shoebox Swap, and I made it myself during the event. I've made hundreds of cards over the past 8 years as a demonstrator at all sorts of events, so unfortunately, I can't give this person proper credit.


Anyhoo ... the base is Bravo Burgundy with a layer of Very Vanilla. I punched a 1-3/8" Square hole in the Vanilla and adhered some vellum to the back before attaching to the card base. The sentiment was from All-Year Cheer I (retired), and the maple leaf stamp from Autumn Leaf Prints (also retired). I also stamped the same leaf in coordinating colors on the 3 scraps of cardstock and punched them out with the retired maple leaf punch. Very quick & simple, but very stylish.


This Friday is my 2nd Crop Nite, and I'm soooo looking forward to it! I've been organizing my scrapbooking supplies in my new craft room, and I've got piles of finished pages just waiting for photos! I could probably fill at least 2 books if I ever get these pages done! lol

No comments: