Friday, April 22, 2011

Inspired by Sue

Just before I started working on the cards for my stamp-a-stack class, I received an email from my downline, Sue Siebert.  She used to take classes from me years ago, and when her family moved to PA, she decided to become a demonstrator herself, and she has really come into her own lately!

Anyways, she started blogging (click here to see it), and she suggested I check it out.  I loved the cards she made for her stamp-a-stack (she refers to it as SAS), and just looking at them really inspired me!

Here's the first card I created:


And, here's her card that inspired mine.  I really loved this card, but I try to change things up a bit:


I believe she used Bravo Burgundy & Whisper White.  The stamps sets are Lovely as a Tree and the saying is from On Your Birthday (love that set!).  I changed the colors to Always Artichoke & Naturals Ivory.  I used Lovely as a Tree, but went with a different image.  The saying is from Occasional Quotes.  I also used the Square Lattice embossing folder, and the Word Window punch with a gold brad like she did.

Here was my next card:



And this was Sue's card that inspired it:



I believe Sue used Rich Razzleberry & Whisper White for this one.  She used the Elegant Bouquet embossing folder and highlighted areas with a white gel pen.  She also used some retired dotted grosgrain ribbon, a saying from Sincere Salutations, the Scallop Oval Ex.Lg.punch & the 2" x 1-3/4" Oval Ex.Lg. punch.

I decided to change the color to Blushing Bride with the Whisper White and I used the Elegant Lines embossing folder.  I liked the look of the gel pen, so I colored in the flowers in the embossed image.  I used some poly stitched ribbon and a Med. Jewelry Tag punch with the word Love from the Tiny Tags set held on by some silver elastic cord through the knot.

And, finally, here's my third card:



And, here is Sue's card that inspired it:



She used some retired items on her card:  Close to Cocoa cs & DSP, and the felt ribbon from last year's (?) holiday mini.  She also used Whisper White cs run through the Big Shot in the Perfect Polka Dot embossing folder, Chocolate Chip cs, the owl stamp from Forest Friends with the 1-3/4" Scallop Circle Ex.Lg. punch, and Sincere Salutations with the Scallop Oval Ex.Lg. punch.

I decided to go with Basic Gray as my card base, and the Whisper White cs plus the Baja Breeze Print Patterns DSP, both run through the Big Shot with the Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder.  I put on some Basic Gray taffeta ribbon and used the Just Beachy and Make it Count (both retired) stamp sets.

You can see how easy it is to take any card, scrapbook page, sample from our Idea Book & Catalog, product label, magazine ad, etc. and use it to inspire your own creations!

No comments: