Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Finished a Challenge!

WooHoo! I actually got a challenge done! The Wendy Vecchi Yahoo Group has been doing challenges almost every Wednesday, and because of the work on the basement, I haven't really had time to play. Well, this week, I made sure I made some time. I've been waiting so long for someone to start these challenges, and they've been passing me by. I do plan on catching up tho!

The challenge for this week was to use Wendy's Perfect Pearls Mist technique from her first book. I have a whole rack of mini misters, and they're all empty! lol It was nice to finally put some PP in a couple and actually use them!

The idea was to get the Perfect Pearls exactly where you want them, as opposed to just sprayed on the background. The fine detail of the background stamp I used makes it hard to see the shimmer in the photo. But, the background was inked with Faded Jeans Distress Ink, then I used Heirloom Gold Perfect Pearls for the technique. Sorry, but I'm not allowed to post details on the actual technique, so you'll either have to buy the book or check out Wendy's blog.

2 comments:

Marjie Kemper said...

Love it!!

Nancy Lynn said...

I love everything about this tag. I love the background and the way you arranged the items on top of it. Beautiful piece of artwork.