Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Cards, cards, cards

Last night was my stamp-a-stack class (everyone makes 12 cards plus matching envelopes--3 different designs, but 4 cards of each design). I had a few of my usual students, but a new student, Debbie, also came. She had requested in advance that I make some masculine cards and some sympathy cards. I was having fun working on the card above as the masculine card while Rick was (finally) anchoring my last 3 shelf units to the wall on Saturday. Now, I can finish moving my stuff into the classroom. I had decided on the colors and basic design, but I thought the background needed something ... the plain Sahara Sand cardstock looked too dull. I had recently replaced my Old World Map background stamp (I had sold mine years ago when it retired, and have regretted it ever since!), so I stamped it with Versamark, and when I added the strips & the artwork, I didn't like it. I decided to go with the Square Lattice embossing folder instead, but I was too lazy to get another piece of cardstock--I just flipped it around, and decided the background could be on the inside ... wa-laa!

Everyone loved it! We usually only stamp the fronts of the cards, but I might start doing more on the inside.
This next card was the sympathy card, but the rest of my students don't really want to stamp sympathy cards, so I also made the same card with a Get Well sentiment, and changed the orientation, so they had a choice with this one. This card wasn't as involved as the first one, but you had to color the stamp with 2 markers, so it was still a little time consuming.



The last card was a very quick, simple card (they're usually all quick, simple cards at a Stamp-a-Stack because you need to complete 12 cards + envelopes in 2 hours), and it might just be my favorite. I love the simplicity and the colors.


Some Versamark flowers for the background with a simple sentiment, a 2-step stamped flower with a single layer, and some Crystal Effects in the center of the flower--done!
The new student sent me an email today telling me how much she enjoyed herself at my class. She said she was so excited that she just wanted to stamp some more when she got home, but she had to get to bed. Unfortunately, she couldn't stop thinking about the class, so she just laid there thinking about stamping and she couldn't fall asleep. I felt so bad for her cause there's nothing worse than not being able to fall asleep. On the other hand, she made me feel so good knowing that she had such a good time and she wants to come to more of my classes! I think next time she comes, I'll send her home with a sleeping pill! lol



No comments: