Friday, September 18, 2009

My First Digital Cards!

Last night I watched my 2nd webinar from Stampin' Up! where we were shown how to make greeting cards using My Digital Software. To reinforce what I watched, I recreated the card that Mark Jessen made following all the shortcuts he showed us. The card is actually 7x5, not square, but the photo is below. And, this blog photo really doesn't do it justice, so I ordered it from the print service so I can show you in person. When it arrives, I'll take a photo and repost it here.

After I created Mark's card, I decided to challenge myself and try creating my own from scratch. Here's what I came up with ... remember, the quality of this blog photo is very bad. This card is a 5x5 tho, so it's pretty much how it's going to look. I'll repost a photo of the original when I receive it.

I thought it was going to take me hours to figure it all out, but I actually whipped this card up in about 20 minutes!

I had originally intended to create a 5x5 scrapbook, have it printed by SU, and then I'd have a sample to show everyone. As it turns out, we currently only offer printing of full books, so until I get around to finishing a complete book, creating & printing greeting cards is the way to go.

Next up ... a calendar!

No comments: