Monday, January 19, 2009

So good to teach class again!











This past Friday was my first class in almost a month! I hadn't meant to take that much time off, but things in my family's schedule changed, so my class schedule had to change as well.

I can't believe how much we all missed class! We had so much fun, and we laughed so much! The class was a stamp-a-stack, and everyone loved the cards we made (see photos above). I just want to point out that on the Perfect Plum 'birthday' card, to enhance the gold embossing, I used the retired metallic pencils. Now I have to locate someone who's willing to sell theirs because my good customer, Anabel, fell in love with them! I also pulled out some of our retired gold narrow organdy ribbon ... might as well keep with the 'retired' theme on this card.

All 3 of these cards were based on samples I got from our Stamper's Showcase (a place on our SU Demonstrator website where we can submit designs to be posted & shared with other demonstrators). I made changes to each of them to make them my own, but the "Dreams" card didn't need much 'tweaking', so I'm going to give credit where it's due--the original design was by Kathryn Boresh.

I'll be repeating these 3 simple cards at this Friday's Kids' Class. This is the first session, and I think these classes are going to end up being huge! I can only hold one a month for now, because I'm also beginning a 10-week afterschool program at one of our five elementary schools. I'll have to update you on that after it begins.

In the meantime, I've got to prepare for my demonstrator's meeting this Wednesday night. This monthly meeting is one of my highlights because I get together with other demonstrator 'sisters' and we all have to design a project (anything but a card) using a specific theme or stamp set. This month, I'll be designing a project using one of the new hostess sets. It's also my turn to provide the project for the group, so we'll all be making my design.

Then, Thursday is my Techniques Class (still room if you're interested in joining us). I've got some great cards lined up, including one designed by my very talented upline, Karen Barber, where she used the new Valentine's Bundle. Just wait til you see it.

So, time to get busy.

No comments: