Friday, October 10, 2008

Where did the beginning of October go?

How did it get to be October 10th already? I mean I know time flys by these days, but come on! It was just September yesterday! I wanted to have so much done by now, but this darn Eagle Project of my son's has the whole family out of whack! Brendan turns 18 next Friday, and he's still not done yet! Ouch! The weather just has not be cooperating for us.

Yesterday there was no school, so he & I went up there to get the last bit of stenciling done on the boats, and I'm happy to report that we're done with all the painting! Yaaaaay! Now, he just has to go back up one more day to finish up with the stop blocks on his canoe racks, and to replace some oarlocks on a few rowboats, and he's done! Then, the next hurdle will be to get him to write up his report quickly so I can get it to Council with just days to spare. When, oh when, will these teenagers realize that we know what we're talking about when we say "Get it done now. Don't wait til the last minute because something could go wrong." Like, the weather!

So, needless to say, I'm barely able to keep up with my projects for my classes and my upcoming workshops, that I haven't been able to even think about posting any techniques, or photos of future projects like I planned & promised.

To make up for it, I'm going to offer another blogger special ... place an order now for $50 or more, and I'll let you choose a Classic Stamp Pad of your color choice to arrive with your order. This offer will only be available for one week, so you need to act before 9pm Oct. 16th. And, you must tell me the secret code word: EAGLE.

Hey, I've been so busy, I don't think I mentioned the SSTM here on my blog. I know I said it in my monthly newsletter, but here it is ... Upsy Daisy is the SSTM for October! Order it before Oct. 31st and receive 15% off the price.*

*S&H and tax are still based on the original price.

No comments: