Sunday, August 24, 2008

Life Happens & Organizing

I've been trying to get back on here and post some photos and details from convention, but of course, life happens, and I've just been very busy. I received 4 boxes from the Stampin' Up! new catalog on Friday, 3 of which were just for me! (tee hee) I've been like a kid in a candy shop! I got my new Sizzix Big Shot and dies, about 12 new stamp sets, 5 new punches, several Simply Scrappin' kits and about 4 pkgs. of Designer Series paper. Oooh! What do I play with first? Ahh, but with all fun comes a little work ... I've been a busy little worker organizing my new stamps and updating my files with current stamp sets, and today, I'm going to update my stamp log book.

For those of you who are fairly new, what I do is Xerox the sticker sheet of images that comes with each new stamp set BEFORE I mount them on the stamps. Then, I currently have a drawer system for storing my stamps, and each draw is labeled with a letter & number. I have a coordinating notebook, where I have page tabs for each drawer, and then I have the Xerox copies of each stamp set in that drawer.

Although I don't like the drawers (still waiting for my new stamp room, ugh!), I like this log book because it allows me to just flip through the book if I'm looking for a certain saying or small image and I can't think of which set it comes from.

No comments: